Worldwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange
Modification History for the
Midlands and East Anglia Control Points
Courtesy of BGA Waypoint Coordinator, Ben Hughes
Via Tim Newport-Peace
Dated: 09 March 2022
- 09 Mar 22: Elevation units corrected.
- 24 Jan 22: ABG-Abingdon Airfield, AVN-Avening, BRZ-Brenzett, CRF-Crail, GPN-Great Ponton, LLM-Llanymynech, NRA-Nunraw Abbey, SCF-Scalford Church, SHT-Shottaton, SXB-Saxby Church, TOK-Torksey Viaduct, and WAW-Watch Water Reservoir added. Bicester Rail Bridge, Cottam, Llanbedr airfield, Penzance N, Rutland Water, Saltby South, removed. A complete description is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al25.htm.
- 23 Jan 21: Clodock, East Linton, Fforest Inn, Halton West, Knighton West, Middle Wallop, Newchurch, Newton Stewart, Shawbury, and Wormelow added. Honeybourne moved to Honeybourne Station Bridge. Rivar Hill moved. Feltwell moved to Methwold. Bicester Airfield, Bicester N, Bicester NE, Bidford Finish E, and Bidford Finish W removed. Gloucester added as a Main Feature. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al24.htm.htm.
- 13 Feb 20: Beckington, Carmodle, Castle Combe, Catacol Bridge, Hullavington M4/J17, Llansannan, and Wickwar added. Crowland A/f moved. Alton, Lasham Aylesfield House, and Liphook removed. Didcot moved and renamed Didcot Rail Bridge and Rattlesden moved and renamed Rattlesden A/F Centre. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al23.htm.htm.
- 16 Feb 19: ICAOs added.
- 14 Feb 19: Grantown SW renamed Dulnain Bridge.
- 14 Feb 19: Bockleton, Carsington Water Visitors Centre, Chalford North, Cirencester West, Clows Top, Coldwaltham, Diddlebury, Edgehill West, Fownhope, Halfway Bridge, Hope Under Dinmore, Horam, Kinlet, Knightwick, Lasham Aylesfield House, Minchinhampton, Neenton, Pencombe, Pirton, Tetbury North, Tetbury South, Tetbury West, Upper Sapey, Wormingford East, and Wormingford West added. Abington moved. Carsington Water, Lasham Golden Pot, Lee-on-solent, and Tetbury removed. Charlestown NE renamed Craigellachie, Charlestown of Aberlour renamed Aberlour, Grantown NE renamed Cromdale Spey Bridge, Grantown S renamed Nethybridge, Rothes NE renamed Boat O'Brig. A full description of the changes is available at www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al22.htm
- 28 Feb 18: Alconbury, Castle Island Laggan, Cleeve Hill Aerials, Conwy W, Cragganmore, Fan Hir, Farnsfield, Gloucester Canal Bridge, HB Finish West, Loch Laidon Island, Margery Hill, Nefyn, Nunney, Ogbourne, Parham NW, Pen-y-Fan, Pontsticill Reservoir, Ruthven, and Woodchurch Farm added. A full description of the changes is available at www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al21.htm
- 12 Nov 17: Frequency for HTN, ROU, and SKF added. Frequency for RIV changed.
- 05 Jun 17: Frequencies updated.
- 16 Mar 17: Aberdaron, Alnwick E, Aston Down Finish N, Aston Down Finish S, Balallan, Barmouth Station, Beal, Belford, Bognor Domes, Bognor Regis Gliding Club, Cader Idris, Caerleon bridge, Cambo, Carloway, Charlton Mires, Chepstow S, Chirnside, Crowcombe Court, Crymych Mast, Culmhead airfield, Duntulm N, Eckford N, Elvanfoot, Fontburn Reservoir, Giosla, Grantshouse, Great Orme, Harlech South, Lake Alaw Reservoir, Lake Eiddew-bach, Lindisfarne Castle, Llanbedr airfield, Llwyngwril Bridge, Madley, Ottercops Moss, Pontypool Folly, Porthmadog East Bridge, Pwllheli West, Rosebush, Sharperton Bridge, Shawhead, Tintern Abbey, Warkworth Bridge, Weldon Bridge, and Widdrington Station added. Aston Down moved. Lasham Finish West and Wrexham removed. Lasham Clubhouse renamed Lasham Finish North and moved slightly. Newent, Olney, Presteigne, Ross-on-Wye, Usk moved slightly. A full description of the changes is available at www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al20.htm
- 05 Nov 16: URL and email address changed.
- 15 May 16: Brinkley Church, Highham, Moulton Church, and Waterbeach N added. Cross Hayes removed. Version 2016a.
- 13 Mar 16: Bishops Cleeve W, Booker Finish SW, Booker Finish NW, Grosmont, Penzance N, Sheppey E, Shobdon E, Shobdon West, and Wing W added. Inverness moved. Inverness East and Kettering removed. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al19.htm.
- 22 Mar 15: Allendale Bridge, Ansty Cross, Bampton, Beer Head W, Bude, Danbury N, HB East, Huntercombe, Knowstone, Lapford, Margate E, Mellon Charles, Mottisfont Station, N Tawton, North Hill N, Portesham, Rockwell End, Rubha Reidh, and Sidmouth added. Southam moved. Canvey Island NW, Chatham N, Danbury E, HusBos Finish East, Sheppey, Southminster, and Wittering Tower removed. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al18.htm.
- 05 Oct 14: Ilec airspace file updated with AirParse Version 2.5
- 23 Apr 14: Bingham, Bishops Castle, Bridgwater E, Bridport, Cadbury Cross, Clun, Clunbury Hill, Corndon Hill, Dunbar SE, Dunkery Beacon, Eggesford N, Etal, Falmouth NW, Gribbin Head, Kilham, Kirkbymoorside, Llanbadarn, Newcastle on Clun, Plymouth E, Plymouth W, Pontesbury Hill, Richmond, and Worthen added. Newton removed. A full description of the changes is available at www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al16.htm.htm.
- 31 Mar 13: Goole renamed Goole NE. Goole N added. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al16.htm.htm.
- 29 Mar 13: Bassenthwaite E, Challock East, Clapham Reservoir N, Duntulm, Leck, Market Rasen, Monzie, Mynd N, Mynd S, Pateley SE, Portmoak NW, Portmoak W, Portree, Rydal Bridge, Scourie, Stoer Head, Waternish Point, and Worlingworth added. Bassenthwaite Lake NE, Hemswell, Lincoln Station, Pershoreairfield, and Tuxford Power Station removed.
- 23 Mar 12: Bedlands Gate, Bracken Bank, Brinkworth, Calne W, Chippenham W, Clyffe Pypard, Croglin, Denbigh Ridge S, Dufton, Dyserth, Gelt Bridge, Glassonby, Gransden E, Gransden W, Great Dun Fell, Great Rundale Tarn, Hardwick, Hartside Top, Hesket Old Town, Long Marston, Lyneham a/f, Plumpton, Prestatyn S, Ruthin NE, Shap, Shap S, Shobdon NW, St Neots S, Swainsthorpe, Swindon W, Wendling, and Wroughton a/f added. Darlton moved. Acle, Bedford Airfield, Cantley, Haffotty Bennett, Lenwade, Norwich East, Perranporth, Swannington, Swanton Morley, and Sywell Lake removed. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al15.htm.htm.
- 16 Apr 11: Banbury N, Banbury W, Bath Racecourse SW, Bicester N, Bicester NE, Blenheim N, Castle Douglas SW, Cherington, Clattershaws Dam S, Corby Glen, Glasbury Bridge, Guisborough SW, Maidstone North, New Abbey, Oakham E, Stretton, Talgarth NW, Talgarth S, Talgarth W, Uppingham N, and Welshpool NE added. Colsterworth, and Edgehill moved. Brackley NE, Dundee, Fareham, Heyford Station, Ilminster, and Nottingham West removed. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al14.htm.htm.
- 29 Mar 10: Aberystwyth Pier, Ben Nevis, Blakeney Point, Callaly Castle, Camphill Chimney, Canvey Island NW, Carisbrooke Castle, Chatham N, Chichester W, Clacton E, Conisbrough Castle, Cottam, Cowes, Cromer Pier, Culmstock, Deal, Dover Marina, East Meon, Elmswell W, Felixstowe Pier, Gainsborough Power Station, Gordon, Great Bedwyn, Great Yarmouth S, Greenlaw, Havant S, Hembury Hill, HusBos finish East, Ipswich E, Mablethorpe, Maryport, Menai Strait, Mexborough S, Montford Bridge, Mudford Gate, Mumbles Head, Needham Market E, Needles, Oxford M40 Services, Pembroke Dock, Portsmouth N, Portsmouth Tower, Radway, Rivar Hill North, Ryde, Selkirk W, Selsey Bill, Snowdon, Southminster, St Bees Head, Storrington SW, Stroud E, Swalcliffe, Tavistock, The Camp, Treyford, Walton on Naze Pier, West Meon Hut, Weymouth, Whiteburn, Whitehaven Marina, Willersley, Witheridge, Workington, and Yetholm added. North Hill moved. Arbroath, Bath Racecourse, Chivenor, Dishforth, Dishforth Flyover, Honiton, Maidstone North, Paulton, Syerston Runway, and Syerston Tower removed. Bangor renamed Bangor-on-Dee, Havant renamed Havant NW, and Yattenden renamed Yattendon. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al13.htm.htm.
- 21 Mar 09: Aysgarth, Bakewell, Barnsley S, Barnsley W, Bicester Airfield, Bishop's Caundle, Bolsover SW, Bridlington, Burton upon Stather, Buxton, Camphill start/finish south, Carsington Water, Chatsworth, Chilham, Cinderford, Crickhowell, Daventry N, Daventry SE, Harpley, Hathersage, Hinton Start W, Hornsea Mere, Howden Dam, Hunstanton Lighthouse, Iwerne Minster, Kexby Bridge, Kibworth, Kilmington, Ladybower Reservoir, Lambourn, Langtoft, Leighton Buzzard NE, Lichfield NE, Long Sutton, Mansfield NE, Mansfield SE, Market Bosworth, Marlborough E, Melbury Bubb, Newbury N, North Duffield, Park Control Point E, Peveril Castle, Pontypool N, Ravensthorpe Reservoir, Scunthorpe N, Sheffield South, Sheffield West, Shirebrook Station, Southwell Minster, Stelling Windmill, Stickney Bridge, Sutton Bank Control Point N, Sutton Bank Control Point S, Sutton Bank Start S, Sutton Bank Start W, Tibenham Start SE, Tideswell Church, Turville Windmill, Woolley Down, and York East added. Chatteris, Cranwell North, and Lasham Clubhouse moved. Bicester Start East, Bicester Start North, Bicester Start Northwest, and North Weald removed. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al12.htm.
- 15 Sep 08: Blyth, Doncaster, Retford, Thorne, Tickhill, Worksop, and Worksop East removed. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al11b.htm.
- 20 Apr 08: Auldgirth (AUL), Bassenthwaite Lake NE (BTE), Bodmin SW (BOM), Bootle (BOL), Buttermere (BTT), Coniston (CSN), Dalston (DLT), Dalton-in-Furness (DFU), Ennerdale Water W (EWW), Garsdale Head (GHD), Grasmere Church (GRC), Haltwistle (HWL), Kentmere (KME), Kirkby Lonsdale (KLO), Low Lorton (LWL), Lowick (LOW), Maryport NE (MNE), Millom NW (MNW), Moota Hill (MTH), Ousby E (OUS), Ravenglass N (RAV), Redruth SE (RSE), Rosthwaite (RTH), Santon Bridge (SBR), Silloth (SLL), Torver (TOR), Troutbeck (TBK), Truro West (TRW), Ulpha (ULP), and Wast Water E (WWE) added.
- 15 Mar 08: Aberdare SE, Abergele South, Ambleside, Aspatria, Bodelwyddan, Bangor SE, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Brynamman, Boncath, Carno, Conwy Bridge, Crocketford, Cross Hands, Devil's Bridge, Dale Bridge, Dolgellau, Darlton, Fishguard, Gretna Services, Grains, Haverfordwest, Hay East, Llanelli East, Lampeter, Lattrig, Llangynidr Bridge, Llanidloes, Llandeilo, Lochmaben, Llandysul, Machynlleth Station, Murton, Mallwyd, Narberth N, Nympsfield Finish East, Nympsfield Finish West, Old Radnor, Porthcawl North, Penrith East, Pontardulais, Port Eynon, Porthmadog, Rodney's Pillar, Rufforth South, Rufforth North, Ruthin West, St Davids, Skelling Farm, Spurn Head North, Tenby, Tindale, Telford South, Thorngumbald, Tockwith, Tregaron, Telford SW, Windermere, Wigton, and Woodall Services added. Tuxford Rail Junction and Whiddon Down moved. Ironbridge and Retford Airfield removed. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al11.htm.
- 28 Apr 07: Achnabourin, Alfriston Bridge, Ardrishaig Lighthouse, Bidford Finish E, Bidford Finish W, Basingstoke West, Crask Bridge, Dingwall, Eastbourne NW, Firle Beacon, Glyndebourne, Glenfarg Reservoir E, HB Start West, HB Start North, HB Start East, HB Control Point East, HB Control Point West, Inchkinloch, Invershin, Leominster NW, Micheldever, Shrewsbury NW, Syre Bridge, and Telford NW added. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al10a.htm.
- 24 Feb 07: Buckfastleigh, Cairnwell, Creagan Bridge, Carrbridge, Corran Lighthouse, Clunas, Charlestown of Aberlour, Carron, Charlestown NE, Feshie Airstrip, Feshie Start N, Feshie Descent Point, Feshie Watersports, Feshie S, Fearnan, Fort William NE, Glen Dee Bridge, Glenfiddich Lodge, Glen Falloch, Glenforsa, Glenlatterach Dam N, Grantown NE, Grantown S, Grantown SW, Inverness East, Inverness SE, Ivybridge East, Kincraig, Laggan Bridge, Lochindorb Castle, Laggan Dam, Loch Garry N, Loch Seilich N, Moy Lodge, Oban Station, Port Appin, Rannoch Station, Roybridge, Rothes NE, Spey Dam, Stoke SW, Telford East, Tomatin, and Tulla Loch West added. Newbury South moved. Strathaven Airfield, Turweston, and Winthorpe removed. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al10.htm.
- 09 Apr 06: Andover renamed Andover SW, and Ridgewell renamed Ridgewell Church. Bishop's Cleeve NW, Goodwood Grandstand, and Overton moved. Barkston Heath and Upavon removed. Aln Bridge, Alnwick Moor SW, Andover SE, Bodmin SE, Beadnell Harbour, Bentpath, Berwick W, Broughton-in-Furness, Brill, Bury St Edmunds S, Bury St Edmunds N, Bassenthwaite N, Canonbie, Carter Bar, Charterhall Field, Cockermouth, Coldingham, Conwy S, Depden Water Tower, Elkstone S, Finmere, Four Marks, Islip, Keswick, Lasham Finish West, Lasham Golden Pot, Lauder, Llanrwst, Lockerbie, Longtown, Midhurst West, Norham Bridge, Ramsbury, Ridgewell Field, Rougham Field, Shrivenham N, Smailholm Tower, Swindon N, Shipton Under Wychwood, Teviothead, Upavon Hangar W, Waterbeck, Wittering Tower, Wast Water W, and Yattenden added. A full description of the changes is available at http://www.spnewportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al9.htm.
- 27 Mar 05: Upavon Airfield [UP1] and Booker start/finish [BO3] added. Filenames changed to version 2005a.
- 06 Mar 05: Blanchland, Corwen NE, Crewe East, Eastgate, Lyn Celyn NW, Seighford Hangar, Selset Reservoir, Stokenchurch South, Uffington White Horse, Upwood Hangar, Watlington, and Whitby Bridge added.
- 02 Mar 05: Dunstable Airfield and Sennybridge moved. Abergavenny SW, Alston, Bath Bridge, Bishop's Cleeve NW, Booker W, Brough, Basingstoke N, Brecon SW, Castle Carrock Dam NW, Chelmsford S, Church Houses, Cwmbran SW, Danbury E, Danby, Dursley SW, Dursley NW, Fordoun, Gargrave West, Hay Bluff, Heathfield E, Honington Airfield, Kirkby Stephen Station, Lower Clopton, Liskeard SE, Lussa Loch S, Mingary Pier, Melmerby, Mortimer Church, Nailsworth, Newmill, Overton, Pangbourne, Papworth, Reading West, Saltby South, Saltby NW, Seaford East, Snitterfield SW, Stratford NW, Tiptree, Tongue, Truro NE, Warcop, Whitchurch Hants, and Weston Finish Point added. Scotch Corner and Skipton removed. A complete description is available at http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/waypoints/97al8.htm.
- 24 Apr 04: Barkston Heath added.
- 16 Feb 03: Airport attribute added for ARB, BEM, GR1, GR2, NEW, NTN, PCS, SIL, SWA, and SY1; Finish attribute added for GR1 and GR2; and Start attribute added for BI1, BI2, BI3, BOB, BRC, DNS, LA1, LA2, LA3, LA4, LA5, LA6, LEZ and SV2. Representative latitude and longitude added for the regions to enable sunset time calculation.
- 14 Feb 03: Duplicate Loch Lochy North East and Loch Gairloch South East removed. Laggan Bridge renamed Loch Lochy North East.
- 10 Feb 03: Aboyne Bridge, Accrington North East, Achnasheen, Altnaharra, Ardvasar, Banchory East, Brora, Bunessan Pier, Chollerford Bridge, Chorley West, Crinan, Crathie Bridge, Droma Bridge, Gisburn, Garve, Helmsdale, Kinbrace, Kinlochewe, Kyleakin, Lairg, Latheron, Lochbuie, Loch Errochty East, Loch Laggan North East, Laggan Bridge, Lochgoilhead, Loch Mullardoch East, Ledmore, Lochailort, Loch Gairloch SE, Loch Gairloch South East, Loch Lochy North East, Loch Quoich East, Leyland North East, Potarch Bridge, Preston North, Strathcarron, St Catharine's Point, Stocks Reservoir South West, Spittal of Glenshee, Spinningdale Bridge, Strontian, Ullapool, and Wick West added. Felthorpe removed.
- 27 Jan 03: Aboyne Bridge, Accrington NE, Brora, Chollerford Bridge, Chorley W, Crathie Bridge, Gisburn, Helmsdale, Kinlochewe, Kyleakin, Laggan Bridge, Latheron, Ledmore, Loch Gairloch SE, Lochailort, Potarch Bridge, Spinningdale Bridge, Spittal of Glenshee, St Catharine's Point, Stocks Reservoir SW, Ullapool, and Wick W added
- 06 Mar 02: Booker Airfield moved and Booker SW added.
- 04 Jan 02: Gliding site, military airport, and airport attributes adjusted slightly, and airport information from Michael-Lorenz Meier added back in.
- 03 Jan 02: Gliding site, airport, military airport attributes and elevations removed.
- 02 Jan 02: Attributes for # and ## modified, and gliding site, military airport, and airport reattributed.
- 01 Mar 01: Trigraphs modified
- 21 Feb 01: Bembridge, Cirencester NW, Manby, Naseby East, Naseby West, and Turweston added. Brackley South, and Hinton in the Hedges moved. Abingdon Airfield, Brackley South, Cirencester Quarry, Chichester, Colerne, Cranfield, Henlow, Hucknall, Hullavington, Naseby, Old Sarum, Scampton, Seething, Templeton, and Thruxton removed.
- 16 Jul 00: South Cerney removed
- 28 Feb 00: Bryngwn Bach removed. Lyveden and Rivar Hill moved slightly. Abingdon Bridge (ABN), Brackley South (BRC), Cambridge SE (CAB), Colt Crag Reservoir (COT), Dalmally (DAM), Eastwell (EAW), Gransden NW (GR1), Gransden SE (GR2), Haydon Bridge (HBR), Lewes NW (LWN), Market Deeping (MAD), Osbournby (OSB), Oxford North (OXN), Pershore SE (PSE), Soham (SOH), Rhuddlan (RHU), and Whiddon Down (WHD) added.
- 08 Mar 99: Lyveden moved slightly
- 03 Mar 99: Input reformatted, Bicester Start East TAK, Bicester Start Northwest TAK, Lleweni Parc, Marchington, Newbury, Newbury South TM, Stratford West TM, Syerston, Tatenhill, and Turweston removed, Wormingford moved.
- 10 Sep 98: Input reformatted, many coordinates affected slightly
- 05 Feb 98: Bicester Start North, Syerston Runway added, Salt Hill Mast modified
- 28 Jan 98: Original contribution.
Return to the BGA Midlands and East Anglian Control Points Home Page?
with any suggestions concerning this material.
This page last updated on